The female pattern baldness, often called alopecia, is most common among women these days. This is a type of hair thinning seen among women of all ages where there is a prominent Hair Loss all over the scalp. There may be various causes to this problem which we would discuss in this blog now.
Causes of Female Pattern Baldness
- There are a few things that may hinder the normal hair growth in women. Genetics may play an important role in thinning of hair. Most of the times it has been noticed that if one or both parents have thinning hair, then their children also face the same problem from a certain age.
- Causes of Hair Loss In Women are not completely understood, but hormonal changes during pregnancy and the childbirth also causes your hair to fall. Starting or stopping birth control pills and menopause are also very common causes of female hair loss.
- Certain medications like antidepressants and blood thinners make you lose your hair more often. It had been seen that chemotherapy treatments for cancer results in massive hair loss and baldness in women. Other infection or acute illnesses also cause loss of hair.
- Women with thyroid problems or diabetes also suffer from hair loss.
- Deficiency of Iron, vitamin, or other nutrition can also cause hair loss.
Unlike men hair loss, female hair loss generally does not involve complete baldness. Treatments for female pattern baldness depend on the cause of the problem.
Female hair thinning treatments
Sometimes baldness or thinning of hair resolves naturally without any treatment. But you may not be lucky all times. There are some problems that may stay long, even sometimes permanently. These problems may call for a medical intervention. This may be resolved by changing the diet or medication of the person suffering from hair loss. Let us now discuss about the other treatments for women hair loss:
- Hair transplantation: during this hair treatment,small plugs of hair are shifted from thicker hair areas to the back of your head. They are surgically placed, follicle by follicle, into your bald scalp. This must be done by an experienced surgeon.
- Light therapy and scalp laser: another way of treating your thinning hair is the light therapy and scalp laser. This process of restoring your hair growth can be done by any expert hair stylist. You need to consult a good hair stylist and get this done at a good hair salon. These treatments do not have any harmful side effects, but their effectiveness has not been proved yet.
- Cosmetic solutions: some cosmetic solutions like hair colouring, weaves, and other styling options may conceal the baldness of your head temporarily.
The above-mentioned hair treatments may be some of the most popular ways of restoring your hair loss, but the most secure way of doing this would be consulting a doctor or dermatologist. It is a good idea to get your hair diagnosed so that you know the exact cause of your thinning hair and get proper suggestions to solve your female pattern baldness.